In the gloom that surrounds coronavirus, here comes a breath of fresh air as a 102-year-old Italica Grondona has successfully recovered from novel coronavirus in Genoa, Italy.
According to Italy’s National Health Institute, the average age of all those who tested positive for coronavirus and eventually died was 78.
According to Dr. Vera Sicbaldi, who treated Grondona, said she was hospitalized at the beginning of March for “mild heart failure”. He added that she showed mild coronavirus symptoms following which she was tested. Her results turned out to be positive.
As per Sicbaldi, Grondona was very positive and the doctors did the bare minimum. The woman was hospitalized for more than 20 days. Grondona was discharged from the hospital on 26th March and is now in a care home.
Sicbaldi said, “We got serological samples, she is the 1st patient we know that might have gone through the ‘Spanish flu’ since she was born in the year 1917.” Sicbaldi added that they also nicknamed her “Highlander”, which means immortal.
Grondona surviving the much-dreaded coronavirus came not only as a ray of hope for senior citizens but also impressed the doctors so much that they have decided to study her survival deeper.
Her nephew Renato Villa Grondona told, “I don’t know what her secret is, but I know she is a free and independent woman.” Villa told that she loves Valentino Rossi, the Italian Multiple Moto Grand Prix World Champion, and Freddy Mercury, British singer and the lead vocalist of the rock band Queen.
Join Us On WhatsApp & Telegram Group For Regular Updates
- Global Lockdown Tightens As Coronavirus Deaths Increased
- Trump Says World Paying A Big Price For China Hiding Information On Coronavirus
- German Finance Minister Commits Suicide After Coronavirus Crisis Worries
- Here’s What Countries Are Doing To Slow The Coronavirus Outbreak
- Measures Taken By African Countries To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Measures Taken By Asian Countries To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Measures Taken by American Countries To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Measures Taken By Europe To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Kashmir Reports 1st Death Due to Coronavirus
- Private Hospitals To Treat COVID-19 From Tomorrow
- What is Hantavirus and How does it spread
- India to Be Under Complete Lockdown For 21 Days Starting Midnight
- Sounds of Bells, Claps, Plates, Conches and Crackers Reverberated Through “Janata Curfew” as India Thanks Its Heroes
- India lockdowns affect more than 750 million people
- Coronavirus Death Toll crosses 11875 Globally
- Total Number Of Confirmed Coronavirus Cases In India At 294
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces “Janta Curfew” on 22nd March
- How to Prepare for Coronavirus and What You Should Buy
- Boya M1 Lavalier Microphone Get Better Audio With The Multi-Functional
- SANDISK CRUZER BLADE 32GB USB FLASH DRIVE
- Pigeon Handy Mini Chopper with 3 Blades – One Of The Best Vegetable Chopper In India
- Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS 1500 watts, Steel (1.5 Litre) – Review