Talking about Bluehost, it is one of the largest web hosting companies in the world. It has a long-lasting relationship with the WordPress community. Since 2006, they are an official WordPress recommended hosting company.
Bluehost started in the year 1996 and continuously grew to become one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world. It now powers more than 2 million websites from all over the world.
It offers a wide variety of hosting plans for beginners to larger businesses. When you are using Bluehost, you never have to worry about your website being slow even when there is a lot of traffic.
Bluehost provides its customers their 24/7 customer support, great hosting infrastructure, and support for the free open-source software like WordPress.
They are rated #1 in web hosting for small firms. On top of that, they are offering WPBeginner users an exclusive 63% discount, a Free Domain, Free SSL(Secure Sockets Layer), and a free Site Builder with templates.
Hosting Overview & General Information
|Our Opinion||Best Overall Shared Hosting|
|Speed||405 ms (Feb 2018 to Jan 2020 average)|
|Uptime||99.99% (February 2018 to January 2020 average)|
|Support||24/7 Live Chat|
|Apps||WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and some website builders|
|Features||Free domain 1st year, unmetered bandwidth and storage, email accounts|
|Hosting Plans||Shared, Cloud, VPS, and Dedicated Servers|
|Site Transfer||Not free|
|Pricing||Starting at $3.95/mo (renews at $7.99/mo)|
How can I increase my website speed?
The main performance metric that you should look for is the speed. It not only affects user experience on your site, but it also affects your WordPress SEO rankings.
Studies show that a 1-second delay in website speed can cost you 7% of your traffic. A 3-second drop in website speed can decrease your conversion rate by 50% which means half of your traffic is not reaching on your conversion page.
Following are some of the ways to increase your page speed
- Enable compression
- Reduce redirects
- Leverage browser caching
- Use a content distribution network
- Optimize images
- Improve server response time
Dealstime users get an exclusive 60% off discount and a free domain with our Bluehost coupon code.
All you have to do is click on this link to purchase. The discount will be applied automatically.
Bluehost Hosting Plans and Features
For all budgets and sizes, Bluehost offers a variety of hosting plans. This includes shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated server hosting, fully managed WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting, shared WordPress hosting.
Bluehost Hosting Features
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is the perfect way to start a new website with low traffic volume. Your website shares server resources with other websites, in this hosting environment.
- Fully Managed WordPress hosting: Its WP Pro platform is a fully-managed WordPress hosting environment. They come with a broad range of features containing pre-installed CMS, automatic site backups, enhanced cPanel, CDN, plug-in updates, among others.
- Shared WordPress hosting: This hosting package is specifically designed for WordPress powered websites. To run WordPress, this hosting is optimized and can even protect your WordPress site against common threats.
- WooCommerce hosting: The most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress is WooCommerce which allows you to start an online store with WordPress easily. This hosting offers you all the requisite features to kick start your eCommerce store.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting: An upgrade to shared WordPress hosting, VPS hosting allows you to virtual dedicated resources in a shared environment.
- Dedicated server hosting: A dedicated server for your website, means you will have all the resources of the server to yourself. The downside is that you will have to manage the server on your own.
Every hosting plan of Bluehost allows you to install WordPress with 1-click. Every plan comes with an easy to use hosting control panel where you can handle your hosting, create databases, etc.
Breakdown of Bluehost’s Shared Hosting Plans
For starter websites, Bluehost offers a suitable shared hosting package. If you are just beginning your website, then you can choose any of these plans. As your website grows, you can easily upgrade your hosting plan.
Their shared plan is available in 3 different levels. Let’s take a look at what’s included in each plan.
- Basic: This plan only allows you to host 1 website. It hosts 1 domain and 25 subdomains, 50GB storage. For the 1st term, you’ll pay $3.95 per month. You will have to pay $7.99 per month when you renew the account.
- Choice Plus: This plan contains all features of the Plus plan. In this plan, you will also get domain privacy and site backup Pro as extras worth over $80/year. Choice Plus 1st term price starts from $6.95 per month. When renewing, you’ll have to pay $14.99 per month.
- Pro: This plan contains many features of the Choice Plus plan. In this plan, you will get High Performance rather than standard performance & 2 Spam Experts. It also gives you a dedicated IP. The price for the 1st term starts from $13.95 per month.
Also Read: Cheap Web Hosting Hostinger Review India
Pros & Cons of Using Bluehost Hosting
- Cost: Their hosting plans are well within the reach of most users, particularly those who are just starting out.
- Good Security Options: It provides a lot of good security options by default, including the free SSL certificate for each plan.
- Free Domain Name: When you signup, you get a free domain name for 1 year.
- ‘Official’ WordPress.org Recommended Host: WordPress recommends using Bluehost with its site.
- Trustability: Bluehost powers a large number of websites with minimum downtime.
- No hidden charges: There are no hidden fees when signing up for your account.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee: You can try out the service to gauge their performance for yourself, and then still ask for a refund if you are not completely satisfied. For a refund, you need to check their terms.
- Many Integrations, Apps, and eCommerce Features: It provides access to a huge number of different apps and integrations so you can use the most popular services on the web.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Bluehost offers everything from a knowledge base, to live chat, email ticket support, and even phone support.
- Higher domain renewal price: Bluehost free domain renewal price is higher than average.
- Upselling Addons: Bluehost has a confronting upsell process during signup. But you can easily unselect all the addons if you do not need them.
Bluehost offers a wide variety of hosting plans with lots of features that help you build your website effortlessly. It also ranked as the #1 hosting company by many websites.
All Bluehost hosting plans include expert 24/7 customer support from knowledgeable staff. Especially they offer affordable starter plans that fit any budget requirement.
You cannot go wrong signing up for a Bluehost shared hosting plan, if you are just starting out. It’s easy on your pocket and comes with all the right tools. You can easily upgrade your hosting plan as your site grows.