German Finance Minister Commits Suicide After Coronavirus Crisis Worries
Thomas Schaefer was a German Finance Minister of Hesse state. He has committed suicide evidently after becoming “deeply worried” over how to cover with the economic fallout from the coronavirus, state premier Volker Bouffier said Sunday.
Schaefer was 54 years old and was found dead near a railway track on Saturday. The Wiesbaden, a city in Germany, in its prosecution’s office said they believe that Schaefer died by suicide.
In a recorded statement Bouffier said, “We are in shock, we are in disbelief and above all, we are immensely sad.”
Hesse is home to Frankfurt(Germany’s financial capital), where major lenders like Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank have their headquarters. The European Central Bank is also located in Frankfurt.
A shocked Bouffier remembered that Schaefer, who was Hesse’s finance chief for 10 years, had been working “day and night” to help companies and workers deal with the economic impact of the pandemic.
Bouffier, a close associate of Chancellor Angela Merkel said, “Today we have to assume that he was deeply worried and it’s precisely during this difficult time that we would have needed someone like him.”
Popular and well-respected, Schaefer had long been glorified as a possible successor to Bouffier. Like Bouffier, Schaefer belonged to Merkel’s center-right CDU(Christian Democratic Union) party. He leaves behind a wife and 2 children.
Join Us On WhatsApp & Telegram Group For Regular Updates
- Here’s What Countries Are Doing To Slow The Coronavirus Outbreak
- Measures Taken By African Countries To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Measures Taken By Asian Countries To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Measures Taken by American Countries To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Measures Taken By Europe To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Kashmir Reports 1st Death Due to Coronavirus
- Private Hospitals To Treat COVID-19 From Tomorrow
- What is Hantavirus and How does it spread
- India to Be Under Complete Lockdown For 21 Days Starting Midnight
- Sounds of Bells, Claps, Plates, Conches and Crackers Reverberated Through “Janata Curfew” as India Thanks Its Heroes
- India lockdowns affect more than 750 million people
- Coronavirus Death Toll crosses 11875 Globally
- Total Number Of Confirmed Coronavirus Cases In India At 294
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces “Janta Curfew” on 22nd March
- How to Prepare for Coronavirus and What You Should Buy
- Boya M1 Lavalier Microphone Get Better Audio With The Multi-Functional
- SANDISK CRUZER BLADE 32GB USB FLASH DRIVE
- Pigeon Handy Mini Chopper with 3 Blades – One Of The Best Vegetable Chopper In India
- Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS 1500 watts, Steel (1.5 Litre) – Review
7 thoughts on “German Finance Minister Commits Suicide After Coronavirus Crisis Worries”
Pingback: Trump Says World Paying A Big Price For China Hiding Information On Coronavirus
Pingback: Global Lockdown Tightens As Coronavirus Deaths Increased
Pingback: Amazon Daily Quiz Answers Today & Win Samsung Galaxy S20+ – 05 April 2020, 8 AM To 12 PM
Pingback: Muskurayega India Song Out! Akshay Kumar And Other Celebs Come Together To Bring Hope Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
Pingback: Small Hope And New Challenges As The World Struggles To Beat Back The Virus
Pingback: Financial Relief To Indian Students Stuck In The USA, Canada, UK & Australia Soon
Pingback: G20 Countries Agree On Debt Freeze For The World's Poorest Countries