Addressing the nation for the 2nd time in less than a week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi called for a nationwide India lockdown starting midnight to contain the novel coronavirus.
The duration of the lockdown will be 21 days, he said. Providing a reason behind this major step, Modi said that it was necessary due to the severity of the situation.
Repeating the importance of social distancing, he said, we can only prevent new cases and contain the virus through it. India may have to pay a big price due to the incaution of a few.
“If we don’t handle these 21 days well, then our country, your family will go backward by 21 years,” Modi added emphasizing the importance of self-isolation and social distancing.
There will be a complete action on people from stepping outsides their homes, he said and even folded his hands to emphasize his request to citizens to stick to the call.
Urging the state government to make the fight against coronavirus their top priority, Modi announced Rs 15000 crores fund to test Corona, isolation beds, ventilators, and other essential facilities needed to battle this virus.
PM stated that experts and the experience of countries fighting the deadly virus make it clear that social distancing is the only way to combat the disease.
Modi had 1st officially addressed the nation on Thursday, informing citizens about the pandemic and measures that they could take to prevent the spread of the outbreak in the country. Modi had called for a ‘Janata Curfew’ on Sunday in his address.
Modi had also announced in his latest speech that the Centre had created a ‘Covid-19 Economic Response Task Force’ under the Union Finance Minister to manage the economic impact of the current situation.
Earlier in the day, Indian Finance Minister Sitharaman had announced a series of measures to deal with the economic crash as India, along with the rest of the world is battling to contain the virus.
Join Us On WhatsApp & Telegram Group For Regular Updates
- Sounds of Bells, Claps, Plates, Conches and Crackers Reverberated Through “Janata Curfew” as India Thanks Its Heroes
- India lockdowns affect more than 750 million people
- Coronavirus Death Toll crosses 11875 Globally
- Total Number Of Confirmed Coronavirus Cases In India At 294
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces “Janta Curfew” on 22nd March
- How to Prepare for Coronavirus and What You Should Buy
- Boya M1 Lavalier Microphone Get Better Audio With The Multi-Functional
- SANDISK CRUZER BLADE 32GB USB FLASH DRIVE
- Pigeon Handy Mini Chopper with 3 Blades – One Of The Best Vegetable Chopper In India