Millions of people have been placed under lockdown across India until the end of the month as efforts to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus in the country intensified.
As the coronavirus does not spread more and ensuring people’s safety, lockdown is necessary. Many people have supported the decision of Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India on “Janta Curfew” so as it may help to stop the spreading of the virus.
But the problem arising is lockdown will affect many people as to how to get daily expenses. People who had taken loans, how they will pay it as shops, factories, etc are closed down. These types of questions are arising but still, people are giving a fight off to the virus.
Across the country, residents living in 75 districts, including in major cities such as the capital New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Kolkata have been placed under travel, work, and movement restrictions until March 31.
Using data from the latest government census, which took place in 2011, more than 750 million people will be impacted by the new restrictions. Given that the data is from 9 years ago, the actual number of people affected is likely to be much higher.
In the New Delhi metropolitan area, more than 16 million people have been asked to stay inside their homes. Public transportation, adding the metro and rickshaws, have been suspended, and all shops, factories, places of worship and offices have been shut.
Due to lockdowns, more than 12 million people could be affected in the city of Mumbai and 9 million in Bangalore, according to the census data.
Join Us On WhatsApp & Telegram Group For Regular Updates
- Coronavirus Death Toll crosses 11875 Globally
- Total Number Of Confirmed Coronavirus Cases In India At 294
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces “Janta Curfew” on 22nd March
- How to Prepare for Coronavirus and What You Should Buy
- Boya M1 Lavalier Microphone Get Better Audio With The Multi-Functional
- SANDISK CRUZER BLADE 32GB USB FLASH DRIVE
- Pigeon Handy Mini Chopper with 3 Blades – One Of The Best Vegetable Chopper In India