PM Narendra Modi has appealed citizens to switch off electric lights on 5th April, Sunday, at 9 pm for 9 minutes, and light candles or diyas, or flash torchlights or mobile lights standing at their doorsteps or balconies.
“Amid the darkness spread by the corona pandemic, we must continuously progress towards light and hope,” the PM said in an address to the nation on Friday.
Modi said, “We must continuously strive to take those of us most affected, our poor brothers and sisters, from disappointment to hope. We must end the darkness and uncertainty to come out from the crisis, by progressing towards light and certainty. We must defeat the deep darkness of the crisis, by spreading the glory of light in all 4 directions. We must awaken the superpower of 130 crores Indians.”
Earlier the PM had asked Indians to observe a Janata Curfew on March 22. At the time, Modi had encouraged people to express their gratitude to healthcare workers by clinking plates and spoons or ringing bells at 5 pm for 5 minutes.
The PM has specifically asked citizens to not step out of their houses during Sunday’s exercise. The PM said, “Please do not go out on to the roads, lanes or your localities, do it at the doorstep or balconies of your own homes. One must never cross the ‘Lakshman Rekha’ of social distancing. This is the only panacea to break the chain of coronavirus.”
At a time when crores of people are restricted to their homes, some may be worried about how they are going to fight such a big battle on their own. Many are also concerned about how many more days they will have to spend like this, he said.
When people turn off all the electric lights of their homes and light a Diya, they will experience the superpower of light, clearly illuminating the common purpose for which everyone is fighting for, he said.
Join Us On WhatsApp & Telegram Group For Regular Updates
- 102-Year-Old Italian Woman Recovers From Coronavirus Successfully; Doctors Call Her ‘Immortal’
- Global Lockdown Tightens As Coronavirus Deaths Increased
- Trump Says World Paying A Big Price For China Hiding Information On Coronavirus
- German Finance Minister Commits Suicide After Coronavirus Crisis Worries
- Here’s What Countries Are Doing To Slow The Coronavirus Outbreak
- Measures Taken By African Countries To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Measures Taken By Asian Countries To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Measures Taken by American Countries To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Measures Taken By Europe To Contain The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
- Kashmir Reports 1st Death Due to Coronavirus
- Private Hospitals To Treat COVID-19 From Tomorrow
- What is Hantavirus and How does it spread
- India to Be Under Complete Lockdown For 21 Days Starting Midnight
- Sounds of Bells, Claps, Plates, Conches and Crackers Reverberated Through “Janata Curfew” as India Thanks Its Heroes
- India lockdowns affect more than 750 million people
- Coronavirus Death Toll crosses 11875 Globally
- Total Number Of Confirmed Coronavirus Cases In India At 294
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces “Janta Curfew” on 22nd March
- How to Prepare for Coronavirus and What You Should Buy
- Boya M1 Lavalier Microphone Get Better Audio With The Multi-Functional
- SANDISK CRUZER BLADE 32GB USB FLASH DRIVE
- Pigeon Handy Mini Chopper with 3 Blades – One Of The Best Vegetable Chopper In India
- Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS 1500 watts, Steel (1.5 Litre) – Review